The Midlothian Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that My Father’s Shop, a locally owned auto repair business, has earned the Automotive Service Excellence’s “Blue Seal of Excellence.” My Father’s Shop is the only business in Midlothian or Ellis County to achieve this recognition.
Criteria for earning the recognition, according to the ASE website, is described as follows:
The business must meet the specific criteria of one of the following categories:
(Dealerships, Independent Repair Shops, Fleet Garages, etc.)
- At least 75% of technicians performing diagnosis and repairs must be ASE certified
- Each area of service offered in the shop must be covered by at least one ASE Certified Technician
(Research and Engineering Firms, Diagnostic Assistance Services, etc.)
- At least 75% of professionals performing functions related to support must be ASE certified
- Each area of support offered must be covered by at least one ASE-certified professional
(Retailers, Jobbers, Wads, etc.)
- At least 75% of parts counterpersons must be ASE certified
- Each area of service offered must be covered by at least one ASE certified parts counterperson
In addition, owner Jeff Buckley serves on the Chamber’s Board of Directors. According to Chamber CEO Laura Terhune, “Congratulations to My Father’s Shop for earning this significant designation.” Terhune continued, “Jeff is a valuable member of the Chamber, the Board of Directors where he represents small business — and the community of Midlothian.” She concluded, “Jeff exemplifies excellence in his profession, and he works tirelessly to enhance the Midlothian business community by promoting ‘Shop Local’ efforts in our area.”
For more information about this business — or others in the Midlothian / Ellis County area, see the Chamber’s online Business Directory at MidlothianChamber.org.